Regularly when the GST paid is higher than the GST liability a state of claiming GST refund arises. Under GST the method of claiming a refund is patterned to avoid interference. The process is online and interval boundaries have also been fixed for the same.
One can claim a refund of the GST amount under the following conditions:
- Export of products or Services
- On account of Input tax credit saved due to Inverted Duty Structure
- Excess tax is given over Casual Taxable Person(CTP) or Non-resident taxable person(NRTP)
- Excess credit in Electronic Cash Ledger
- Excess payment of tax
- On account of assessment/ appeal/ order etc
- Upon the account from tax-funded by Embassies or UN bodies
In case your refund case doesn’t belong in any of the above situations, get in touch with our experts in Book My Consultants to understand your status.